Do you have a desire to make your car look unique and different than the average factory-made car? Then a car wrap may be the right accessory for you! Here’s everything you need to know about car wraps and how to care for them.
- Maintenance – For a car wrap to remain in good condition, it needs to be washed once a week by hand. To handwash, use a soft cloth and a cleaning product specifically used only for your car wrap. To reduce water spots, use a squeegee and dry by hand using a soft cloth.
- Exposure – It is advised that if you have a car wrap, to keep your vehicle stored in covered parking or a garage. Too much sun exposure can result in your wrap fading. This can also be a result of excess exposure to smog or rain.
- Longevity – You may be wondering how long your car wrap will last. With correct installation, your car wrap should last you on an average of four years. However, some wraps are provided with a warranty for up to seven years.
- Savings – Like paint protection films, a car wrap can protect the paint of your vehicle and can be cost efficient compared to a paint job.
- Removal – If you decide that you no longer want a car wrap, or you are interested in switching it out for a new one, you will be glad to hear that car wraps are removable. However, we do not recommend attempting to remove a car wrap yourself — you should always call an experienced professional to remove your wrap for you.
We hope this has helped you learn more about car wraps and the care they need. If you have any questions regarding car wraps and the services we provide, please contact us at Rodz Tint Shop today.