Have you recently made the decision to invest in window tinting? Window tinting has many benefits such as privacy, security, and keeping your car cool. But now that you’ve made the decision to get tint, which kind do you get? There are several options to choose from, but which one is right for you? Here are several common types to help you in your decision.
- Metalized – Metalized window tint is made up of small metallic particles to block out sunlight. These almost invisible particles provide window strength, which will increase the shatter resistance as well as the scratch resistance. This type of window tinting can be recognized by the shine it gives.
- Dyed – If you are looking for cost efficiency, dyed window tinting is the option for you. Dyed tinting uses multiple layers of dye used to absorb heat and increase privacy. However, this option does not provide shatter protection.
- Hybrid – The hybrid window tinting option provides the best of both worlds of metalized and dyed. This option provides reflection-like tint while also being heat absorbent and providing privacy.
- Crystalline – If your goal is to block heat without making your windows too dark, you may want to consider crystalline tinting. This type of tinting provides heat protection while sustaining visibility.
- Carbon – Carbon window tinting is one of the most durable types. Carbon will provide your car with an almost matte finish look and won’t fade like other options.
We hope this guide has helped you decide which window tinting is right for you. If you have any questions regarding window tinting and the services we provide, please contact us at Rodz Tint Shop today.